Friday, October 19, 2012

Europe to Bangkok; flying with Eva Airways

Europe to Bangkok; flying with Eva Airways, the flight of my life

Last summer I flew with Eva Airways to Bangkok. Eva Airways provides a good quality service for a low price. Most of the times when I fly to Bangkok I book economy class, but due to my length I started looking for alternative classes. Two years ago I flew with KLM/Air France and I had to pay extra money for a long-leg-seat. This wasn't that pleasant because I had to spend over 120 euros extra on my flight to have some extra space for my legs.

Anyways, this year I decided to give Eva Airways a go. The best thing is that they offer three different classes: economy, evergreen deluxe class and business class. Well the last one was out of my price range, it was about 2.000 euros. So I decided to go with evergreen deluxe. The price was 1.200 euros, which is exactly the same amount I paid a year earlier while flying with KLM/Air France. However, the seats in evergreen deluxe are bigger than in regular economy. So I had more space for my legs, a bigger seat and I was able to check in and drop my luggage off within a few minutes because the line for the evergreen deluxe check in desk was much shorter than for the economy class. I was already having a great time, not even being in Bangkok yet.

After having a nice holiday and having spent my days in the land of smiles, I was ready for my flight back to Europe. While standing at the check-in desk at Suvarnabhumi Airport, the nice flight attendant said that Eva Airways was looking for a handsome young man for a free upgrade. Apparently the business class wasn’t booked full and some people from the evergreen deluxe class were being upgraded, well one of them was me. A big smile appeared on my face. The lady had me sign a paper which stated that I was voluntarily upgraded. She requested me to put on some shoes instead of my flip flops I was wearing. Because other business class flyers would appreciate it if I’d look neatly. So after changing my footwear and dropping off my luggage I made my way to the customs to leave the country and wait at the gate for departure.

Well, the seats were great. It was a big chair which could be turned flat with the click of a button. I had a big screen in the seat in front of me and I had all the space I wanted. Oh, and the service was great, they even laid my table, I had real cutlery instead of those plastic knives and forks you’ll get in economy class. And the food was delicious.

Well thanks Eva Airways, you spoiled me. Next holiday to Thailand will be an expensive one, I better start saving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment